Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Merry Christmas & 新年快乐!!!



So Christmas was really nice. Daniel and I smoothed things over towards the end so that everyone could enjoy his last few days. We had a nice batch of eggnog made by Kevin. And we all brought presents for a white elephant gift game. Then we shared christmas memories from back home. It was cozy and nice. I think it really helped us all make it ok in such a strange land. Pictures are on the way however due to an earthquake nearby last week the internet has been messed up and loading sites from overseas is damn near impossible. As soon as all that is fixed then I will be sure to get all the great pictures and videos.

So here we are at the start of a brand new year. 2007. As my friend james says, "and still no flying cars" I'm still finding it unbelievable. I'm in China. I'm learning Chinese, I'm even learning to read and write it. I also can't believe that I'm happy. Learning to enjoy being happy has been one of the biggest challenges I've faced this past year.

Well it's off to dinner. As alwawys, more to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look great..with the exception of that VERY large hand...and of course as I looked closer it didn't belong to you...(lol) kinda reminded me of the time your sister was born and I was on the pain killer stuff and thought she was deformed only to figure out I couldn't focus then either...big difference though this time I'm just blind since I'm nearly 50. Miss ya Bran.

Anonymous said...

just when I thought I'd go to bed thinking you are so happy and not being worried for once I recalled something I read...."an eathquake nearby" ..gee are you shaken? I am now!