Thursday, November 2, 2006

Happy After-Halloween

Sorry for the lack of communcations by blog and by email. I still have lots of pictures to upload and to explain as well. I've been very busy. I'm out all the time with lots of friends making contacts and getting to know the city, the people, and the language the fastest I can. Some interesting things of note lately would be my role in the upcoming made for TV chinese movie. I got a few walk on roles. Filming was a lot of fun, especially since only one person was there to translate. Luckily I can understand enough and speak a little so that things were really fun. One day we filmed at an old antique hotel and the next two days we went to the TV studio. It was really cool and I got to take lots and lots of photos.

I'm starting to get more brave with my camera and taking it out all over the place. There are so many little things here that are interesting as well as the strange and tourist like places.

Also, TPR opened a franchise in another city nearby so Tuesday a few of us teachers traveled there to be what I like to call, "walking white billboards" It was your standard impress your investor party with champange and speeches. Then a they took us out to lunch (where the red wine and toasts were flowing) and then on an excursion that deserves a post all its own. Which will be soon.

I am getting a new roommate, an american girl, 18, from Ohio, named Lauren. I met her thru a new friend (Casey, another american) and we all had a great bonding time, remembering fun american things like Dave Chappelle, cartoons from the 80's, and commericial jingles. Things that you just can't share with Aussies and Poms and such :)

I apologize for any deteriation of my vocabulary or grammar skills. As I learn how to better communicate with my chinese friends I find that I over simplify many things. But with some of my friends I like to use really "big words" just to help them learn more than what's on the tests that they're all so ferverently studing for.

But all in all, despite some spats with Daniel, and the whole "i'm not a teacher" thing, things are going really well. The weather is starting to cool down, and I just bought a nice Lane Bryant sweater for 5 USD. It's nice. And SOON I think I'm going to give in and buy a cheap sax. Things are really really looking up.

So if you bear with me, I'll start replying. I really do miss everyone and communicating properly with you guys. I love you all.

-B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear from you even if it is in blog form, atleast I can tell your grandmother you're still alive. we miss you!